About Us

When Wisconsin became a state in 1848, St Croix County was divided, and town of Buena Vista was chosen as the new county seat.   At a county commissioner’s meeting on February 28, 1849, the newly reorganized county was divided into the towns of Buena Vista, St. Croix Falls and Elisabeth.

The Wisconsin Legislature renamed the Town of Buena Vista to the Town of Willow River in 1851.   On November 15, 1852, at the annual meeting of the Board of County Supervisors held pursuant to law upon application being made the name of the Town of Willow River and the names of all the villages therein, contained were changed to be hereafter as known by the name of Hudson.